Friday, May 04, 2007

He's Just Not That Into You

I think every woman should read this book,i read it a few months ago and even then while i was reading it i was constantly nodding my head in appreciation of the truth.There were so many times that i had made excuses for guys when they either didn't call or keep their promises.
Here is an excerpt from the book:

Dear Greg,

I met a really cute guy at a bar this week. He gave me his number and told me to give him a call sometime. I thought that was kind of cool, that he gave me control of the situation like that. I can call him, right?

Lauren

Dear Control Freak,

Did he give you control, or did he just get you to do the heavy lifting? What he just did was a magic trick: It seems like he gave you control, but really he now gets to decide if he wants to go out with you — or even return your call. Why don't you take Copperfield's number, roll it in a newspaper, pour milk in it, and make it disappear.

"Give me a call." "E-mail me." "Tell Joey we should all hang out sometime." Don't let him trick you into asking him out. When men want you, they do the work. I know it sounds old school, but when men like women, they ask them out.......................

I heard this same quote again while watching Sex and the city, when Miranda was obsessing over a guy and Carrie's boyfriend told her point blank "He's Just Not That Into You".I think sometimes we women need to hear these words so we can stop wasting time on guys who are really not interested.No more excuses!


Footie
A.I.G-Almost in Greece
That's the name now coined from our sponsors because we were "kicked" out of the Champions League because that's what really happened.Still too painful so i won't even bother blogging about it.LOL!
Baros was given a three match suspension and i think he deserved it because i doubt he would have made that gesture if it was a white player,according to him he said there was nothing racist in his gesture and that he had only wanted to signify to M'Bia that he should move back and let him "breathe".Yeah right i can see how that gesture will allow him to breathe.Ode!

No comments: