Friday, April 11, 2008

Nollywood and other gists

What is with the new themes in Nigerian Home videos-I have watched like 5 films in the last two weeks and 4 of them have been about lesbianism and the 5th one was even about Incest?!The pawing and the acting was just deplorable...yes nollywood we get the point.
Then Mr Desmond Elliot-Are you the only actor left in Nigeria?One can watch 10 films and he will be in like 9 of them!I just watched a yoruba film on youtube and guess who was in it again...

Is it an indication of the world we live in when 12-13 yr old kids make out in public with careless abandon.The worse part was that they started of with what was close to assault which they regarded as having fun,they were like the spectacle at starbucks that day but they didn't seem to care.Am i going to walk into Mr Biggs one day and that will be the sight that will befall me?!I hope not,although we know what kids get up to in the name of having fun but i still want to believe that they can respect themselves and their parents enough in public.I just think of how at the age of 21 i was still scared to hold on to a guy in public in Naija even though i was allowed male visitors at home.Times are changing and sometimes i think it's changing too fast for the negative things.

9ice
I am loving my new 9ice album,street credibility is trying to take the place of gongo aso on my favourite list,but i have space for both of them in my top spot.If you haven't heard his new album check out his myspace here ....and then go out and buy the album.LOL!

Footie and passport
One would first wonder at the relevance of this topic.My classmates want to go spain to watch the Barcelona-United game,their own main issue is getting tickets but with my lovely green passport i need to get a visa ASAP if i want to go on the trip.My classmates went to paris and amsterdam for the easter break but i couldn't go,i was limited to looking at picture albums..really i love my country but i can't say the same about my passport!

Have fun guys!xoxo

17 comments:

princesa said...

Desmond Elliot is over used in Nollywood movies. Na only am be fibe boi??

12/13yr olds making out in public for real?!
I hope naija doesn’t ever come to that .

On 9ice, the guy don suffer for pirates hand. I just hope eh makes small money from that his album, its not fair!

soupasexy said...

am first ha ha ha!

singing la la la la la!

ok stop! lemme go read..lol

soupasexy said...

now am not sure if am 1st sef...

lol @ desmond elliot, gosh its been so long since i watched any home videos mehn..lol

i so love gongo aso, i know the words sef and am not yoruba..ha ha ha..

Atutupoyoyo said...

The direction of Nollywood concerns me but things will get a lot worse before they get better. People need to start revolting and voting with their feet. The industry continues to churn out crap but only because there is a demand for it. Me sef I tire!

9ice is the bomb men. LOving that guy right now.

ON Barca: How u go do now my sister? That green passport does no favours but it is those that spread the bad name. ANyway watch am for TV we go still win. I just hope that little midget does not perform.

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

I havent watched 9ja movies in a quite while. Sad because I use to be addicted to em. I kind of feel like they have gone down hill recently. I love 9ice! Gongo Aso is just the jam.

tinted UNtrue said...

nollywood industry has a long way to go. hopefully we will get there oneday

Sasuke said...

Street credibility we get am, check my file walai aya e a ja, no bi lie, hear am'

9ice is the shiznit babe.which one be the hargreaves pics wey you come putg for there now.

you were so fortunate to win that match

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

my sista, those green palis can give plenty headache, can't they? I even wrote about the disgrace my own almost caused me all the way in Tobago at my blog a while back. lol!

As for those Nigerian movies, I guess they think its time to start talking about those topics. Na wa. And, Desmond was in a Yoruba film> Which one?

Anonymous said...

I also saw a lesbian naija movie on you tube.....I couldnt close my big mouth....i swear it was wide open for like 10 mimutes!

Its a devastating situation...thinking of the fact that am going home soon for a while. British tv(which isnt all that but still better than naija's) is one thing i'll miss. I still told my sister the same thing few days ago.
And you said u'r going to naija as well.......hehe I guess u'l have to put up with the crap for a while too. Or maybe go to silverbird cinemas everyday or something , lol!

Hope u'r good classy?

classybabe said...

@princesa,my sister that's the question oh
Hope 9ice is making money from the album sha,he deserves it
@soupasexy,gonogo aso is the ish
@atutupoyo,LMAO @"that little midget",i hope he doesn't perform seriously.Him and eto'o are my worries
@nigeriandramaqueen,yes he is!
@mirage,amen oh
@sasuke,lol i know.i was praying seriously for that 2nd goal
@solomonsydelle,he was in Eji owuro,not a bad movie but they could have at least given him an ibo guy's part which will explain the limited yoruba accent
@Chicala,Am good babes,thanx.Actually looking forward to the naija tv just because of the comic relief of some of the programmes

Anonymous said...

at least they have chilled for ramsey nouah!!he used to be in all movies also RMD!

Afrobabe said...

Desmond Elliot...when i left Naija u couldn't see any home movie without Ramsey Noah or Jim Iyke...Then it became the tall gulder guy (him I liked,lusted after till I met him here..has a bad ibo accent)...

I watched one recently..the tiger king...it was nice,prob cos it was a village settin but at somepoint they completely forgot one story line..was still good though..

As for public displays of affection...i still cant do it...Home or abroad...

Afrobabe said...

That my last comment was long oh...lol..

Ok about the naija passport...just got to live with it...but they would have given u visa now...should have applied!!!

Anonymous said...

I have becum A.W.O.L in Blogville but I do appre8 those who have been around to show some love...

How are u doing? Have a nice weekend...

***Love 9ice too...***

uNWrItten* said...

gosh...i thought i was the only one that noticed..DESMOND IS EVERYWHERE!! I MEAN I LOVE HIM BUT DAMN..
AND 9ICE IS MY NEW BOO O! SO BACK OFF OR ELSE GONGO ASO!!
LOL
12/13 YEARS OLD MAKING OUT..IF ONLY U KNEW WHAT THE PEOPLE AT MY HIGH SCHOOL IN NAIJA USED TO DO..U WILL RUN..sad sturvs tho

Thanks for stopping by my blog!!! :)

Smaragd said...

I tire for Desmond Elliot o! he'll probably be banned soon...lol

the gongo is soing mehn! didnt like that song at first, but after seeing the guy perform live, i'm now a fan!i think he's making money.

12/13yr olds making out in public? warrahell! Lord help us all!

why didnt u apply for the visa first babe?u might've got it u know.but i feel u though.

Babawilly said...

Desmond Elliot is a fine actor. There are many things in Nollywood that will settle with time.
It is not quite a film industry in the sense that we know it here in the UK.
No copyright etc. The films are like selling tomatoes in the market. Fire fighting approach. Low budget, poor scripts etc.
I am sure that once the market grows things will improve